Twisted Metal’s David Jaffe for President!
GameTaffy.com has a stiff perspective when it comes to sales gimmicks that take advantage of gamers. We’ve even sent complaints to the FTC about cheap tactics that companies have used to squeeze a buck out of consumers. So it was extremely refreshing to hear news from the creator of PS3′s upcoming Twisted Metal game.
Being a primarily multiplayer-focused game, the online pass could potentially harm Twisted Metal, and the game’s creator, David Jaffe stated that he would like to minimize the barriers to getting gamers online as much as possible. He even mentioned that he wouldn’t mind to take a hit money-wise so that the game can establish a solid fan base. He told Eurogamer, “I’m okay with the fact that we might lose sales on this first game if, because of it, we generate a lot of fans that otherwise wouldn’t have played the game.”
Unfortunately, Jaffe’s call isn’t the one that counts. He said, ”It’s not my call and I’d totally understand if Sony as a company said ‘Look, this is a mandate that permeates all of our titles. We’re not making selective choices’.” Sony’s wearing the pants, but Jaffe recognizes the corporate bul…ogne that is executed with online gaming. With people like Jaffe making his concern known, the gaming community will take a big step in the right direction for giving gamers an experience that they’ve already paid for.
- Next Xbox May Not Allow Used Games; Blu-Ray and New Kinect Rumored « GameTaffy
- David Jaffe Sold Out « GameTaffy
- Skype App Available on the PS Vita
- Why I Don’t Play Wii – Trophies and Achievements in Gaming
- Gamestop May Refuse to Stock Next-Gen Consoles
- Playstation “Orbis” Details Emerge
- Company of Heroes Movie?
- IMHO: The Mobile Gaming War Between Sony and Nintendo
- IMHO: In Defense of Final Fantasy VIII
- GameTaffy NewShow 2012-02-24 – Sony Kinect, GameBlog Blacklisted, & Assassin’s Creed III
- Sony/Kinect Device Rumor
- The Retail Market for Gaming is Kaput