Sony/Kinect Device Rumor
A recent patent revealed plans for a motion peripheral in development by Sony. The product is in development for the upcoming Playstation 4 console yet to be detailed. The actual patent states the following:
An invention is provided for affording a real-time three-dimensional interactive environment using a depth sensing device. The invention includes obtaining depth values indicating distances from one or more physical objects in a physical scene to a depth sensing device.
By the description, it sounds like this peripheral will include the player’s environment as well as the player in an interactive space. The possibilities of a device of this type are exciting. I foresee zombie games in which you choose items from your home as weapons. And no, your infant baby brother is not a good weapon.
Sony looked into 3D peripheral ideas like Kinect before the Kinect was released but moved in a direction that led to the development of the Move. A switch in direction toward a Kinect-like peripheral is a good idea by Sony, rip off that it may be. It’s just business.
- Majesco Reveals the Song List of NBA Baller Beats
- Steel Battalion Heavy Armor Now in Stores
- Zumba Fitness Core Coming to Kinect and Wii
- NBA Baller Beats E3 Trailer and News
- NBA Baller Beats Coming to Kinect
- Skype App Available on the PS Vita
- IMHO: Pass It On
- Wii U Gets a Release Date
- Why I Don’t Play Wii – Trophies and Achievements in Gaming
- Gamestop May Refuse to Stock Next-Gen Consoles