Rock of Ages Available on PSN
After rocking the Xbox Live Arcade and PC at the end of 2011, Rock of Ages rolls onto the PlayStation Network.
This tower-offense experiment allows players to barrel through opponents as the great Rock of Ages. The game features a beautiful art style and a unique spin on a popular genre.
To make up for the lateness of its release on the PSN, Atlus announced several bonuses, adding hours of new features for new players. First, the new “Obstacle Course” mode pits players against an opponent (AI, online, or local) to race across a stage, knocking down defenses and trying to get to the finish line first. However, this is no simple race; like a kart racer, power-ups create a level of chaos and excitement able to keep players coming back for more. Next, the “War” mode will give players the ability to access defenses, previously locked away. Many other features will be available, including new classes of defensive towers and boulder skins.
Unfortunately, many of the features on the PSN release are exclusive with no immediate plans to release these features on XBLA or Steam. However, this may change in the future, so don’t get your panties in a knot.
As I like to save the best news for last, the game will be free (for a limited time) for PlayStation Plus subscribers. I’ll definitely be downloading this tonight, but what are you most excited for? Or, if you’re a XBLA or Steam user, what features would you like to see added to your version of Rock of Ages?
- Tiny Troopers Gets Update on Steam
- New Video Game for August 15 – Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Code of Princess Gets a Website and Launch Date
- Rocketbirds Coming to Steam
- King of Fighters XIII Coming to PSN and XBLA
- Atlus Gets a New President
- Jeremy McGrath Donates to Be the Match
- Square Enix Releases Final “Fun with Physics” Video
- New Growlanser Trailer before Launch
- New Persona 4 Arena Behind-the-Scenes Video