Capcom Reveals Remember Me at Gamescom 2012
At Germany’s Gamescom, Capcom showed off several games, including a new IP, Remember Me. DONTNOD, a Paris-based developer, showed off an announcement trailer and concept art and screens.
In 2084, personal memories can be digitized and bought, sold or traded. As humanity approaches the 21st century, privacy and intimacy are long gone. After all, as social networking advances and memories are digitized, these 20th-century ideas are illogical. As life becomes easier for the masses, only a few profit.
In Neo-Paris, the hero Nilin is a former elite memory hunter, able to break into people’s minds and steal or change memories. However, in a Paycheck-esque scenario, the authorities fear her knowledge and wiped her memories. Soon, she breaks out of jail, wanting to reclaim her life by reclaiming her memories with little to no help.
Using Nilin’s powers, players will be able to hack into people’s brains and steal their memories. While these moments will be scripted, there will be a Memory Remix mechanic, where players can change an enemy’s perspective and get them fighting with you.
DONTNOD Entertainment and Capcom plan to launch Remember Me in May of 2013 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
- End Credits 12.20.2012 – Steam, Earthbound and Capcom
- Tomb Raider Gamescom Screens
- Kalypso Announces Plans to Bring Alien Spidy to North America
- Resident Evil 6 Aims to Impress with New Screens and Trailers
- Square Enix Announces Its Gamescom Lineup
- Three New Resident Evil 6 Videos
- Resident Evil 6 Comic-Con Trailer
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD Hitting Consoles in August
- Old News: Capcom’s San Diego Comic-Con Schedule
- Street Fighter x Tekken Adds 12 Characters…Sort Of