Playstation “Orbis” Details Emerge
Earlier this week, images were found on design firm Coque Design’s website detailing the Playstation Orbis, Playstation’s next generation console. Orbis is likely the codename, much like Microsoft’s Durango. The images were quickly removed from the site, indicating that there is credibility in the story.
The design appears to feature some type of Playstation Eye device being used much like a Kinect. It also appears that integration of smart phone technology also makes part of the Orbis design.
Now further details have been revealed to Kotaku about the next gen console. Here’s the skinny: The Orbis will feature a x64 AMD CPU and an AMD Southern Islands GPU. The latter offers graphical capabilities beyond what is currently available, including support for up to 4096×2160 resolution. It will also support 3D games in full 1080p HD. Backwards compatibility will not be included, nor will used games be playable on the system. This is bad news for poor gamers, but that’s a whole other story entirely…. IMHO maybe?
The console is set to release holiday 2013.
- End Credits: How to Sell the PS4
- End Credits 1.17.13 – Righteous Anger, Rumors Spelled With Two U’s, Redundant Matheson
- End Credits 1.14.13 – Melrose Burnings, New Console Rumors & NRA Video Game
- Skype App Available on the PS Vita
- The Next Gen Console: A Double-Edged Sword
- Gamestop May Refuse to Stock Next-Gen Consoles
- New Xbox Will NOT Attend E3
- Durango Won’t Contain Disc Drive
- Company of Heroes Movie?
- Vita Titles Leaked