Nuketown Gets a Facelift
My favorite Call of Duty: Black Ops map will come to the sequel this November. Unfortunately, it won’t be free.
Multiplayer fans of Call of Duty: Black Ops LOVE Nuketown,” said Mark Lamia, Studio Head of Treyarch. ”Flat out, Nuketown was a blast to play before, and we’re excited about the reimagined Nuketown 2025 in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. We can’t wait to play with everyone come this November.
Unfortunately, this sounds like the type of day-one DLC that I hate: something finished in time for launch but only available to those who pay extra or buy early.
Especially as “Nuketown” was the most popular map on the first game, why is Activision locking this map away to the fans? There is no word for how much “Nuketown 2025″ will cost after launch.
It should be noted that Activision states the map will not be available on the disc and can only be downloaded.
What do you think about “Nuketown 2025″ as a preorder bonus? Are you going to preorder the game now? Or, are you upset that you will have to preorder to get this map for free?
- Bond Actors Young and Old Come Together in 007 Legends
- Activision to Publish New Walking Dead Game
- Call of Duty Heading to China
- GameTaffy NewShow 2012-02-24 – Sony Kinect, GameBlog Blacklisted, & Assassin’s Creed III
- IMHO: Gaming Trends That Drive Me Crazy (from a 24 year-old geezer) Part II
- Chaseme Weekly Digital Content
- IMHO: Gaming Trends That Drive Me Crazy (from a 24 year-old geezer)
- No BlizzCon for 2012
- What Can THQ Do to Save Itself?
- Holiday Shopping Guide: 10 Awesome PS3 Games from 2011