JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD Hitting Consoles in August
Capcom announced today that it plans to give a popular Japanese manga-based fighting game a face lift and ship it stateside.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD will launch on the PlayStation Network on Aug 21 for $20 and on the Xbox Live Arcade on Aug 22 for 1600 Microsoft Points.
However, unless you’re a fan of the series or have memories of the game, nothing breaks the mold here. In addition to the HD update, players can choose to preserve the original SD visual quality.
As for gameplay, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD features many of the same fighting mechanics as other Capcom games: super combos, special attacks, and character-based powers.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure originally launched on the Sega Dreamcast, and for years, owners of the game have lost the ability to jump online and battle their friends. Fortunately, the power of modern consoles will help refresh those memories with online multiplayer. One new feature introduced is the player lobby. Here, players can fight with 7 other opponents, and as combatants fall, they lose their place and become the spectator as the next lobby member joins the fight.
On the one hand, Capcom reigns in the fighting genre, and fans can bet that this HD update will maintain the same level of polish as other games. However, this game brings nothing new to the genre. If you already own Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Street Fighter IV, keep your $20 for something more exciting.
- End Credits 12.20.2012 – Steam, Earthbound and Capcom
- Capcom Reveals Remember Me at Gamescom 2012
- New Video Game for August 15 – Dust: An Elysian Tail
- King of Fighters XIII Coming to PSN and XBLA
- Resident Evil 6 Aims to Impress with New Screens and Trailers
- Jeremy McGrath Donates to Be the Match
- Square Enix Releases Final “Fun with Physics” Video
- Three New Resident Evil 6 Videos
- Double Dragon Neon Coming in September
- Resident Evil 6 Comic-Con Trailer