Hitman: Absolution Goes Online
The world’s best assassins compete for bragging rights online in the upcoming Hitman: Absolution from Square Enix.
This new mode, titled “Contracts,” allows players to create and share hit challenges. Players get to select levels, targets and rules based on time, style and witnesses.
Rather than dealing with a level creator, players build by playing. From the description, this seems more like a high-score competition, since players do not actually meet online while playing Contracts.
“Contracts was inspired by our loyal and extremely creative fans, many of whom are still finding new and amazing ways of taking out targets in previous Hitman games,” said Christian Elverdam, gameplay director for Hitman: Absolution. “Contracts mode finally delivers a way for Hitman players to fully realize both their creativity and competitive nature. Whether they’re fighting to shave off a split second from their time or combining elements and timing events to create unprecedented accidental deaths, gamers can now challenge and inspire each another with an endless variety of user-generated contracts.”
As Contracts are completed, players earn money. Players can then buy new weapons, disguises, upgrades and techniques. These purchases can be unlocked in the single-player campaign or through completing Contracts.
Square Enix and IO Interactive A/S will launch Hitman: Absolution for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on Nov 20.
- Top 11 Bad Games That I Still Love
- Sleeping Dogs October DLC Revealed
- IMHO: Expecting Circles from Square
- New Screens and Concept Art for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Tomb Raider Gamescom Screens
- Sleeping Dogs’ PC Version Gets Special Features
- Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Announces August DLC Schedule
- Hitman: Sniper Challenge Allows Players to Test Their Skills
- Final Fantasy III Coming to Ouya
- Square Enix Announces Its Gamescom Lineup