GUNGNIR Proves the PSP Is Not Dead Yet
But not the PSP Go.
With a look and feel similar to games like Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre(yes, I realize they come from the same company), players are tossed into a world where the 99% must fight daily to survive the oppression of the 1%. A band of rebels happen across a young daughter of a noble and the magic spear she possesses. And as can be expected, the elites want their magical weapon back and will stop at nothing to get it. It’s time to occupy Gungnir!
The basic combat formula from Final Fantasy Tactics has been refined, allowing for a few more tactical options than players have seen before. The basic strategy here is the old if-it-ain’t-broke-don’t-fix-it paradigm. Sting Entertainment (makers of Riviera, Yggdra Union, and Knights in the Nightmare) refines the tactical formula to offer more risks based on timing-based decisions and to pay out with far better rewards when players plan their attacks perfectly.
Atlus plans to release Gungnir exclusively to the PSP on June 12, 2012.
- Code of Princess Gets a Website and Launch Date
- Atlus Gets a New President
- New Growlanser Trailer before Launch
- New Persona 4 Arena Behind-the-Scenes Video
- Atlus Shows off Testament of Sherlock Holmes Screens
- New Persona 4 Screens Focus on Game Modes
- Persona 4 Golden North American Box Art Revealed
- Persona 4 Arena Full Trailer
- Old News: Loads of Persona 4 Arena Stuff
- Atlus Explains Region Lock for Persona 4 Arena