Final Fantasy XIV Gets Reborn
No one can fault Square Enix for not trying to make Final Fantasy XIV Online a strong MMORPG, but for its entire life, the game has not built a strong following. Square Enix hopes to change that in a big way.
Previously called 2.0, Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn is a complete redesign of the game from the ground up. With this rebirth, the realm and story are completely new. And all of this new work will feature new graphics for the PC and PlayStation 3 (sorry, Xbox 360 owners).
“Since announcing our plans for the future of the title last October, we have been working tirelessly to include all of the elements that we have promised in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. This new title not only becomes a symbol of a completely new FINAL FANTASY XIV, but also marks the beginning of a new stage as the latest title in the Final Fantasy series.” said Naoki Yoshida, producer/director of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn will launch on the PC and PlayStation 3 later this year, but no exact date or price was provided at the time of this writing.
- Top 11 Bad Games That I Still Love
- Sleeping Dogs October DLC Revealed
- IMHO: Expecting Circles from Square
- New Screens and Concept Art for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Tomb Raider Gamescom Screens
- Hitman: Absolution Goes Online
- Sleeping Dogs’ PC Version Gets Special Features
- Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Announces August DLC Schedule
- Hitman: Sniper Challenge Allows Players to Test Their Skills
- Final Fantasy III Coming to Ouya