Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin Announced
Final Fantasy XI is turning 10, and to celebrate, Square Enix unveils “Seekers of Adoulin,” the newest expansion to be released in 2013.
Last weekend, A Decade of Final Fantasy XI Vana’fest 2012 premiered screens and art for fans. As the fifth major expansion, “Seekers of Adoulin” features several new features to the MMO.
Starting with jobs, two new classes have been added. Geomancers pull the elemental energy from Vana’diel for support and offense. Rune fencers are quick warriors using the power of their swords and arcane magic for offense and defense.
The Ulbuka Continent and the Sacred City of Adoulin will allow players new areas to explore and new stories to experience. Within the continent, new and stronger monsters offer a refreshing challenge for seasoned players.
Also, new gameplay mechanics offer real reasons to get excited. First, players can build outposts throughout the land. New contract work will keep things fresh day by day. Finally, power spots will allow players an opportunity to collect character enhancements throughout the environment (think The Elder Scrolls).
Internationally-acclaimed manga artist Kazushi Hagiwara offered his abilities to design the new armor and weapons for the geomancers and run fencers. Check out the gallery below for more looks at the artwork and screenshots from the upcoming expansion.
“Seekers of Adoulin” will be available for the Xbox 360 and PC in 2013.
- Top 11 Bad Games That I Still Love
- Sleeping Dogs October DLC Revealed
- IMHO: Expecting Circles from Square
- New Screens and Concept Art for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Tomb Raider Gamescom Screens
- Hitman: Absolution Goes Online
- Sleeping Dogs’ PC Version Gets Special Features
- Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Announces August DLC Schedule
- Hitman: Sniper Challenge Allows Players to Test Their Skills
- Final Fantasy III Coming to Ouya