Final Fantasy III Coming to Ouya
With 8 days left on its Kickstarter project, the Ouya is a sure thing and will come to retailers in 2013. And thanks to the backing of Square Enix, Ouya will get a Final Fantasy game.
In March of 2013, Final Fantasy III will be available at the launch of the Ouya.
Combining the best of consoles and mobile, the Ouya will be an HD television-based console that operates on an Android system. The biggest goal for this console is to bring down prices on games: “With all our technological advancements, shouldn’t costs be going down? Gaming could be cheaper!” To help this, developers have one condition for building games on the console, at least one element of gameplay has to be free.
For Final Fantasy III, players will be able to download a free-to-play demo with the updated controller support. FFIII was the first time the series introduced jobs, and while the story fell short, the amount of team strategy and customization thanks to this job system revolutionized RPGs. In 2006, it came to North America for the first time with a 3D graphical update on the Nintendo DS.
In addition to free-to-play games, Ouya welcomes hackers. If you buy a console, you can root the console without worry of voiding your console. The availability of system hacks will allow players to build their own peripherals and connect through Bluetooth or USB.
Ouya is expected to launch in March of 2013. Will you be picking it up?
- Play to Win: Weeks 10 & 11
- Play to Win: Week 8 & 9
- Play to Win: Week 7 – Azure Dreams, BioShock 2, Final Fantasy III, Bloodrayne: Betrayal
- Play to Win: Week 6 – Azure Dreams, Crisis Core, BattleFantasia, BioShock 2 & Final Fantasy III
- End Credits: The Ouya Doesn’t Need to Sell to Succeed
- Top 11 Bad Games That I Still Love
- Sleeping Dogs October DLC Revealed
- IMHO: Expecting Circles from Square
- New Screens and Concept Art for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Tomb Raider Gamescom Screens